Hanoch is a valued associate who focuses on art law, commercial litigation and insurance coverage. He represents domestic and international commercial businesses including art galleries, insurers, auction houses, artists, private collectors, fine art transporters and storage facilities in litigation and transactional matters.
His practice also includes extensive work on insurance matters, including subrogation and coverage determinations, as well as broker liability and bad faith claims handling. Hanoch has represented various artists and businesses in matters involving authenticity and fraud, moral rights, and breaches of contract and warranty.
He regularly helps clients prepare commercial documents ranging from fine art consignment and private sale agreements to independent contractor agreements, from website terms and conditions to Bills of Lading, warehouse receipts and services agreements.
- NEW YORK LAW SCHOOL
Juris Doctor, 2013
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY
B.A., Art History, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2009
Activities & Affiliations
- New York City Bar Association, New York County Lawyers’ Association, New York State Bar Association.
- Center for Art Law, Member, Advisory Board 2019- present
- International Foundation for Art Research (IFAR)
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; U.S. District Court for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York; District of New Jersey
Deposition Protocols: A Matter of Opinion, co-authored by Jean-Claude Mazzola and Hanoch Sheps, published by Attorney Professionalism Forum, New York State Bar Association – February 3rd, 2022, Read more
- “Whats in the Box?” A Webinar on Art Storage, Panelist, Center for Art Law – January 11, 2022
- “From a Legal Perspective: Contracts and Copyright,” Panelist, American Photography Archives Group – December 9, 2018
- “ART LAW MIXER: WHAT’s HAPPENING?” Panelist, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (NY) and Center for Art Law – June 11, 2018