Hanoch is a distinguished Counsel at Mazzola Lindstrom, with a wealth of experience and a reputation for delivering exceptional advocacy. His practice focuses on Art Law, Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution as well as Insurance practices.
Hanoch’s extensive experience allows him to provide unbiased counsel to all stakeholders in the art world. He represents domestic and international commercial businesses, including art galleries, fine art insurers, auction houses, artists, private collectors, art advisors and fine art transporters and storage facilities. Demonstrating a track record of quality advocacy, Hanoch ensures equitable and cost-effective solutions for his clients, regardless of their position in the art industry.
With a robust background in insurance law, Hanoch is adept at managing high-stakes, and multimillion-dollar claims. His extensive experience in subrogation and coverage determinations, combined with a keen understanding of broker liability and bad faith claims, empowers his clients to navigate complex insurance matters with confidence.
Hanoch’s approach to dispute resolution is rooted in pragmatism. Understanding the nuances of the art world, he guides his clients with a keen awareness of the industry’s risk tolerances, practices and philosophies. By focusing on business considerations and practical implications, Hanoch ensures that his clients’ decisions align with their unique objectives and protect their best interests.
Beyond the courtroom, Hanoch plays a pivotal role in guiding clients through a wide array of commercial transactions. From fine art consignment, private sale and artist representation agreements to Bills of Lading, warehouse receipts and storage agreements, from independent contractor agreements and service level agreements to website terms and conditions, Hanoch provides comprehensive legal guidance. His emphasis on practical commercial solutions enables clients to make informed choices that drive success in the art world, whether those clients are emerging artists or secondary market dealers handling blue chip art.
- NEW YORK LAW SCHOOL
Juris Doctor, 2013
- RUTGERS UNIVERSITY
B.A., Art History, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2009
Activities & Affiliations
- New York City Bar Association, New York County Lawyers’ Association, New York State Bar Association.
- Center for Art Law, Member, Advisory Board 2019- present
- International Foundation for Art Research (IFAR)
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; U.S. District Court for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York; District of New Jersey
Deposition Protocols: A Matter of Opinion, co-authored by Jean-Claude Mazzola and Hanoch Sheps, published by Attorney Professionalism Forum, New York State Bar Association – February 3rd, 2022, Read more
- Should a Law Clerks possible leak to the press be reported, co-authored by Jean-Claude Mazzola, Hanoch Sheps and Kevin Kelly, published by Attorney Professionalism Forum, New York State Bar Association, August 2nd, 2022 Read more
- “Alternative Strategies for Estate and Legacy Planning For Artists” – Moderator, Center for Art Law – July 28th, 2022
- “Whats in the Box?” A Webinar on Art Storage, Panelist, Center for Art Law – January 11, 2022
- “From a Legal Perspective: Contracts and Copyright,” Panelist, American Photography Archives Group – December 9, 2018
- “ART LAW MIXER: WHAT’s HAPPENING?” Panelist, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (NY) and Center for Art Law – June 11, 2018