Shan (Jessica) Chen is an experienced attorney who possesses over 10 years of legal experience handling international transactions and litigation. Shan’s practice focuses on cross-border commercial litigation and business transactions, international trade and arbitration, fine art law, labor and employment law, and immigration law. Shan externed for the Honorable Leo M. Gordon in the U.S. Court of International Trade.
Born and raised in China and bilingual in Mandarin and English, Shan possesses in-depth knowledge of the Chinese business culture, which provides her with a natural advantage and unique set of skills for representing China-based companies doing business in the U.S., as well as American businesses exploring the Chinese market and thriving in China.
Shan holds a master’s degree in human resources and industrial relations. With over 18 years of translation and interpretation experience, Shan has served as a certified court interpreter at both federal and state levels providing services to Department of Justice, USCIS, ICE, U.S. District Courts, NYS Unified Court System, District Attorney’s Offices, corporations, law firms, international conferences, and international trade fairs.
- NEW YORK LAW SCHOOL
Juris Doctor, 2019
- UNIVERSITY OF LAW, UNITED KINGDOM
- UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS, URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
Master of Human Resources and Industrial Relations
- GUANGDONG UNIVERSITY OF FOREIGN STUDIES, P.R. CHINA
B.A., English Language and Culture
Activities and Affiliations
- New York City Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
- Secretary, Corporate Counsel Section, Executive Committee (2022)
- Member, Corporate Counsel Section, Executive Committee
- Asian American Bar Association of New York
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, New Jersey, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- The United States Court of International Trade