Richard is a well-recognized civil and appellate litigation attorney, with over 600 reported decisions to his name, many of which are among the most oft-cited in the New York courts. He is AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell, and rated by “Super Lawyers” as among the top lawyers in New York.
Having received his Juris Doctor degree from St. John’s University School of Law in 1989, he was then admitted to practice in New York, Connecticut, as well as the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, U.S. District Court for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York.
A graduate of the State University of New York, with a degree in philosophy and Chinese studies, he also attended Fudan University (复旦大学), where he studied Chinese literature, as well as the Taipei Language Institute (中華語文研習所) where he studied the Chinese language.
- JOHN’S UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Juris Doctor, 1989
- STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
B.A., Philosophy, 1985
Activities & Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association,
- New York City Bar Association,
- Queens County Bar Association
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York, Connecticut
- S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia; U.S. District Court for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York